I’m not really sure what this means, but apparently I’m worth a Flower Smeller Award because I’ve been inspiring or insightful. I received this from Mike at The View From Here, where I recently published a short article.
This award is part-meme, so don’t be surprised if I tag you with it. I can tag five people.
So, here are the five people I tag:
- Jordan’s Muse, blog of writer Jordan Rosenfeld. Co-author, along with Rebecca Lawton, of Write Free, an inspiring book on positive thinking.
- Sophisticated Dorkiness, blog of Kim Ukura, a journalism grad student. Insightful posts about her experiences as a budding journalist and adventures as a reader. It’s nice to see someone staying enthusiastic about journalism.
- Lisa Romeo Writes, blog of writer Lisa Romeo. Who can’t be inspired by someone who in mid-life recently finished an MFA in creative nonfiction, and continues to write as a freelancer? Gives hope for all of us trying to write in a world that seems increasingly hostile to the written word.
- Scobberlotch, blog of novelist Karen Harrington. Just read her recent post about being the writer at the party. If that doesn’t make you laugh, you have no sense of humor.
- Straight From Hel, blog of writer Helen Ginger. Always insightful posts about writing and publishing.
More information about the Flower Smeller Award is available here.