Here is this week’s Booking Through Thursday:
So here today I present to you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf – the books you have not read, but keep meaning to.The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, ‘No! Don’t give me another book to read! I can’t finish the ones I have!’
OK here’s the list, as complete as I can make it:
- The Situation and the Story: The Art of Personal Narrative by Vivian Gornick
- The Yakota Officer’s Club by Sarah Bird
- The Thanatos Syndrome by Walker Percy
- Amsterdam by Ian McEwan
- Libra by Don DeLillo
- Father and Son by Edmund Gosse
- Get a Freelance Life: mediabistro.com’s Insider Guide to Freelance Writing by Margit Feury Rgland and Laurel Touby
These are the ones in my bedroom that need reading. I have several on my shelf I haven’t read, but they are hiding among the books I have read. I’m sure they’ll stand out at some other time.
And of course, I will read them, really I will. Oh, and disregard that last statement in the question — please please please please give me books!