Here is this week’s Booking Through Thursday:
What books do you have next to your bed right now? How about other places in the house? What are you reading?
My annotated night table list:
- Starfarers by Vonda McIntyre. I’m on a science fiction kick. I’ve been wanting to read McIntyre since reading a mention by Ursula K. LeGuin. This particular novel is slow, yet the writing itself is compelling enough to carry on.
- The Art of Creative Nonfiction by Lee Gutkind. A recent Amazon purchase. Just started reading this — it had been on my Wishlist since 2003 when I first genuinely started becoming interested in the genre. I still feel intimidated by the idea of deep immersion. Maybe this book will allow a sprinkle on the forehead first?
- Forever Fat by Lee Gutkind. Another Amazon Wishlist purchase. Also on Wishlist since 2003. Thought I needed to read stuff from the Godfather of creative nonfiction.
- ARC of Peep Show by Joshua Braff. Reviewing this novel.
- News Reporting and Writing, Seventh Edition. Received this a couple of years ago with the hope to brush up on my basic reporting skills with hopes of getting back into the biz (as crazy as that sounds because it is dying). It hasn’t helped — yet.
Other TBR in the apartment:
- A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett
- Libra by Don DeLillo
- Thanatos Syndrome by Walker Percy
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Father and Son by Edmund Gosse
- Amsterdam by Ian McEwan
Also on the night table, just because you need to know . . .
Firefly: The Complete Series on DVD. Great sci-fi series. Needs to be revived.