OK, decided to re-up a meme. The idea is pilfered from Nick Hornby’s wonderful book about the joys of reading and acquiring books The Pollysyllabic Spree.
Books Bought thru June 1–June 20, 2011
- Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
- Minority Report by Philip K. Dick
- Embassytown by China Mieville
- The City & The City by China Mieville
- The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Halting State by Charles Stross
Books Read, June 1–June 20, 2011
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
Philip K. Dick’s kind of become an obsession. Also trying to read and collect the SF Masterworks (the photo link is not my collection, but I wish it was ) put out by Gollancz (Oh, by the way, I have a birthday coming up in July. Hint, hint).
Also, I’m not being a good Buddhist at all (not that I’ve ever declared myself a Buddhist officially), given I’ve skipped meditation a few times lately, have imbibed some intoxicating drinks in recent days, and find myself too deeply attached to reading and acquiring books to ever renounce this particular form of sweet suffering.